Wednesday, September 30, 2026

September's last



For a change, perfectly clear skies for the harvest moon, but not many options for meeting it at the horizon. The one place I'm sure of means parking on a bridge that passes over the interstate - these days an invitation to get arrested. 

Instead, I met some friends at the park. Actual socializing over a drink! We ran out of gas before  the moon made an appearance, but I stopped here and there on the way home, wishing I had at least cleaned my windshield.  






Under the influence of this moon, I was in a fit of making myself useful. 

I bought a pair of lovely lamps three of FB Marketplace three years ago along with the kit to repair the electrical guts for one of them. The kit did not have any instructions, only parts. 

Even though fooling with electricity makes me nervouse,cut to the chase. I'm not fond of LED bulbs, but this was the only one in the house not doing something. 

Now to vacuum the lampshade back to white.

And the replacement agitator for the washing machine came. That was a little more challenging. But it's done and I'll be caught up on the wash in a week or so. 

No more washing blankets or comforters!






While New England suffered from that errant northeaster, Georgia has been lolling in the mid-70s with low humidity. Perfect for old ladies to soak up some vitamin D and stare off into the blue, read and stitch a little. 

Sublime.






 

No comments: