Saturday, December 22, 2012

Karma 1

Karma 1"    2012    27x36


I didn't have anything to say about this one right away because I was quite taken by surprise when it threw up the checked flag and said “stop..done, finished” and for once, I listened. 

 There is some hand stitching planned that won't really be noted from a few steps away because I intend on matching the thread to the cloth and keeping the stitching low key. It will be faced unobtrusively and I will honor the irregular edges rather than crop the off. It will be nice to have this to occupy the few spare moments I'll have over the next few days. 

The next one in this series is pieces in the closet and will have to wait a few days for the holiday festivities to subside before I start anything new.
I want to be able to give it full focus.
1 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup all-purpose flour

4 comments:

Judy Sall Fiber Art said...

I think your muse did a good job of guiding you on this! Looking forward to seeing what you do with the next one. Have a great Christmas!

Deb Lacativa said...

Thank you both, Merry Christmas!

Heather said...

Wow, that's a beauty! May your New Year be filled with happy textile adventures.

Cat >^..^ said...

Yes!!