Sunday, December 30, 2012

close comfort


The last of the posse was just too eclectic to join forces with any of the others. All on it's own, it's acquired a little color and, as time passes, a lot of hand stitching.

So all told, in the B&W series ( the Karmas) there are two fairly large pieces, one with a mix of machine and hand stitches, the other strictly machined, and two small pieces; one hand and machine and this one,  only hand stitching. I have a feeling that I'll be setting up an entire segment of the cloth closet strictly for the B&W. I love the drama!

There's a disturbance in my personal force right now; both my brother and my dad are in the hospital and my baby sister is sick..everyone with varying forms of flu-ish things.  Here I am dispensing old wives wisdom over the phone and clutching at my cloth 800 miles away.


4 comments:

Nancy said...

Love the color added into this one.
Well wishes for speedy recovery to all of your family members and a hug to you who holds the light, wisdom words and worry from afar. Take care.

Heather said...

Hope your family recovers soon. And best wishes to you for peace, health and happiness in the New Year.

Joe Madl said...

the color and stitching on this piece whispers of life and celebration and dance. i love it!

thoughts and prayers for your family and for your own peace of mind during this trying time...

Judy Sall Fiber Art said...

Sending positive thoughts for your family... hard to be so far from them when they are ill. May the New Year bring them good health, and you, peace of mind as you work on your wonderful projects!