Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Cephalopod 1 finished

Cephalopod 1



That thread I was waiting on came late yesterday afternoon. This morning I finishing the machine quilting on the background and a bit more inside the body.

Although I have it on the design wall horizontally, at 60"x 30"  I like this orientation best.

Next sunny crisp day we have I'll get this one outside and get some better pictures.

If anyone is interested, the base cloth was an expanse of flour sacking that I was able to track back to sometime in the first quarter of the last century, Brooklyn, CT. The burgundy damask was a section of tablecloth from SS Columbia c.1920.

$2700.00 includes shipping and custom hanging bar. email me for availability.

3 comments:

Sherri ~ daintytime said...

From this image (without reading the text) I thought the piece was small but when I scrolled down your page I saw how big it was on your work table. Good job.

grace Forrest~Maestas said...

this is MAGNIFICANT. PERIOD.
i am so so glad i know you as an
artist and as a woman who makes art and as you.

Anonymous said...

a stunning piece! the vertical hanging looks right to my eye, and I'm glad you have priced where you have!!