Sunday, February 17, 2019

the work in progress

I've been contemplating what to do with fifteen (you read that right) years of babbling here. All of these bits, bytes, and pixels are as ephemeral as a cloud rolling across the moon. One blown transformer somewhere critical, one bored hacker and all of it gone as it if never existed. I've downloaded a few posts here and there, but my recent computer crash - the hardware sort - has given me pause about this electronic life.

Right now, I'm just grateful that I didn't have to dig too far for the provenance of "Cave Dreams". It's still a long way from finished, but I know what I want for it and how to go about getting the effects - mostly a lot more hand stitching. 

Until it's completed, here are some links to its evolution:

From the earliest raw cloth.  Compositional fumblings here and here. To a more solid starting place.

Digressions  and   displacements..this is about when the Black & White series took over my studio life. All thing color got put on hold for a very long time.

6 comments:

grace Forrest~Maestas said...

we can only keep going. This work is Stunning and i am so
FILLED by witnessing

Deb Lacativa said...

Thank you, Grace. I'll be shocking you with Kantha too.

Joanne S said...

There is (was) a company that would print your blog posts and the pictures into a book. Of course
the blog owner had to paginate the thing so it came out correctly. I have Blogger and my son says it's owned by Google and Google is forever. He'd know. I hope.

Mo Crow said...

some things take their own sweet time

Ms. said...

You are always onward with feeling. Admirable. Stories don't necessarily evolve on call. Given time and persistence, all will be done that needs doing. I too have paused and been fearful about our ephemeral electronic lives...but then, Buddhist thought reminds me...nothing lasts forever, and I get calm enough to go on.

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

I've been thinking of printing my blog into a book. Probably annually would make more sense than so many years all at one time.