Thursday, February 02, 2012

expanses

Like the new header? I needed a change of scenery to go with the change of seasons.

It's a section of my personal "Beach" from back in May 2010. I was rooting around looking for more formal images and there are none. I could dig it out and reshoot it but this snip will do for now. It reminded me of the pleasure of arms wide, eyes afar designing and building a piece that was intended to be used and not just displayed.

Come to think of it, I know  this piece has no sleeve for hanging which is why it never got properly photographed.  More along the lines of this one gives me a lot to look forward to, fiberwise. It's time to climb out of winter's comfy, cozy closeness and aim far and wide.

11 comments:

Heather said...

It's a beautiful header! I think I'll do a little spring cleaning and sprucing up on my blog too. I love the bright colour of your recent work, just the thing to brighten a grey west coast day.

Anonymous said...

I love your new header!

grace Forrest~Maestas said...

it FEELS like a beach...or, what
i remember a beach feeling like...
AIRY, CLEAR, BRIGHT
i like it!

deanna7trees said...

love your new header. it looks like it's blowin in the wind.

Nancy said...

Love the new header with the light dancin' on the shore...beautiful :)

Pat said...

Sunshine and the wind in your hair. Lovely

stitchinglife said...

Love the new header!

neki desu said...

♥! a little sunshine feels always great

ant said...

beautiful header - sunny and bright, promises of what's to come...
"Here comes the Sun..."
ant

Jeannie said...

I love the new header! It speaks sunshine and carefree days. I hope your weekend is full of both!

Anonymous said...

I DO love the new header! It feels full of delight. And while it doesn't quite feel time to crawl out of winter yet (partly because it hasn't really arrived), I am enjoying the longer days!