Tuesday, February 07, 2012

supermac

If you live in the Southern US and you are from the NE you know how hard it is to find a really good Macintosh apple. The produce man tells me that they just don't travel all that well and, in fact, you rarely find them in the stores.

I took a chance on just one from Publix this morning. More often than not they are mealy, blah and disappointing.

Today I hit the crisp sweet/sour jackpot and sat in the car and ate that apple like it was my last damned meal. Actually it was my breakfast and the first apple in way too long, I'm on a carb restricted diet and less than terrific apples were not on the list of things that I missed.

This had to be one of the apples that the wicked witch gave Snow White because as soon as I got home I needed a serious nap. Such has been the highpoint of my day....

3 comments:

deanna7trees said...

when i lived in ny, macs were my favorite. now living in texas, it's gala or fuji. don't think gala and fuji even existed back then.

Nancy said...

I'm with Deanna...a gala a night makes life just right!

Judy Sall Fiber Art said...

Hmmmm.... never had a Mac in my life! I'm a Red Delicious gal. And I like mine with chunky peanut butter, thank you very much!