Wednesday, April 03, 2024

Spring break

 


"Like a week in the country..." lyrics to something and the cure for what ails us.  The storms only gave us a lick of lightning and thunder last night. 

The first thing I did when I got here was take the grand tour of the new treehouse. I climbed the ladder and checked out the built-in bench to prove to myself that I still could. 

I would have put it a lot higher, but that's not my call. 



This is the view from the front porch. The people across the private road farm all organic. Last year this field was filled with giant sunflowers and cabbages as big as pumpkins. Just behind him is a field where cows wander around moaning with delight over all the new green grass. 

I hope he didn't see me staggering around the front steps stooped over planting nasturtium seeds everywhere. Surefire crop if Jake doesn't mow them.


It's a good thing that fine linen is so forgiving. I had to pick out the "r" and move it. Before it looked like Slash and Bum. I'm taking my time filling in the heart. This is the first time I've attempted anything realistic in stitch and I think the swords turned out pretty well. 





5 comments:

Liz A said...

I do hope this becomes your next book cover

and isn't it great to play cards with your grandkiddo?

Deb Lacativa said...

Yes, It might be a pipe dream, but since I'm self-published, I get to pack the pipe with whatever! I have to be careful with the next steps because this is the ONLY cloth I have like it and don't want to ruin it. Picking out and replacing that R was nerve wracking.

Poker for two is difficult, but I'm trying to teach him the right way to play so he's not embarrassed when he gets to play with peers as an adult. We are using those little squishy toys instead of chips. No math involved for fun.

deemallon said...

Are you kidding? The swords came out great! ~Dee

Nancy said...

Oh man...this looks great! The swords are amazing and it would make a great cover! I saw it as 'bum' too, but thought it was my tired eyes. haha.
Love that first pic of your boy. I'm hearing the Lennon song, 'Beautiful Boy'.
My children, especially my daughter, liked to play Blackjack with their dad. By 5 years old she knew to ask for 'insurance' when she was dealing! 🤣

Marilee said...

Your posts haven't been coming through to me for some time, so I'm glad I found this spot and can catch up. Your young man truly is a beautiful boy.