Tuesday, April 09, 2024

Grateful

 

I could not ask for a more perfect coda to a dyefest than an all-day rain. Lightning just flashed and thunder rolled in from far off. The light is pinking up.

 I was exhausted by the time I finished the last of the threads. The break for watching the eclipse was enough to get me through basic cleanup. 

By evening the certainty of today's rain pushed me to spend the early evening finishing the threads in the kitchen while I listened to a ballgame on the radio. I'm grateful that I did. The cloth I left for the rain to handle.

Speaking of gratitude, this post set the tone for my day. Thanks, Dee. 


As intended, there's a delicacy, an understatement to the color of this lot of thread. Some of the subtly was intentional, some not. The blues lost some ground because it was just not hot enough for them even in the sun. Time has proven that turquoise and his cousins need 80 degrees to come through strong.

It's going to be a few days before I start posting these for sale.




image by Diana Taylor. "All Night Rain" by the Atlanta Rhythm Section


2 comments:

Liz A said...

It's raining here ... a good soaking pour that the tomatoes can drink to their hearts' content

I keep your threads separate from all others ... in a box that is right at hand so that I can pick and choose ... the very best

Nancy said...

Like Liz, I keep your threads separate too...it feels like an honoring for something very special. :)
But, not too special to not use 'em!