"I was looking for something else when"....How many times have I posted that phrase? I was looking for a rolled up or folded large piece of paper and turned up some forgotten work. Of course you forget it if it's squirreled away for safekeeping.
And the final magic of the day? I found the paper I was looking for. A big chunk of that plastic backed grid paper that I still have yards of on a roll.
Note to self - redo both design walls when the dresser gets moved.
Anyway, a while back I laid out a sort of graphic outline of the next book on this 3x4 foot section of grid paper. A sprawling saga in the making, I fear.
Oh well. As long as I'm paddling this boat, I'm going to be running contrary to all conventional publishing wisdom. With AI horning in at every juncture, I could be right more than 50% of the time.
Jim's neice sent me a bundle of pictures I've never seen.
![]() |
| "Travel Well" by Jude Hill 2021 (in memory of our Michelle) |
Jim's neice sent me a bundle of pictures I've never seen.
A few years after we moved to Georgia, Jim's folks came for a visit. At first glance I thought, "What beach are we at?" Then I realized that dark swath was forest and that is the city of Atlanta at the horizon of a beautiful spring or summer day. City boy used to tease me about going barefooted everywhere. He said, "I can't decide if it's wierd or hot."
I went there a few times on my own to lay out and baste a king-sized quilt. People were so curious about what I was doing. I felt like I was giving a lecture while I worked just answering questions. The most asked question. "Do you sell these?"




1 comment:
Deb~ Your lettering is so wonderful! I love the Michelle quilt. I think of her often. She sure touched a lot of lives 💕 Love your old pics. Such a beautiful love story. (((hugs)))
Post a Comment