Saturday, June 01, 2024

Last week, me

 


The peace and quiet is so thorough, it's disarming. I spend a half hour just soaking it up. Listening to the birdsong. 


Watching them flit around when the hawk casts his shadow across the lawn. 

That's a dead-end drive shared with a few neighbors out of sight through the trees. An organic farmstead across the way. Beyond that, a field with cows and donkeys. 

After coffee and breakfast, Charlie and I part ways for a little personal space. He, with the Regular Guys or Adventure Time, and me with Rachel Maddow and Heather Cox Richardson.  

Not touching on the sex scandal aspect, remaining impartial through the trial, and explaining the legal system to him has been challenging. He's a born prosecutor. 




I'm going to need a bigger lunchbox. 

 I've sequestered these in a gallon baggie for the Worm 2 project. 

I'm holding off starting because I'm going to need some darker colors. Fresh thread and new dyes are on the way.

And best, stories are starting to rustle around looking for attention. 
 



2 comments:

Cj said...

Golden rings!�� You always share the loveliest closeness you two share. Such a gifted young gentleman, growing fast!

Nancy said...

You make the best colors Deb! I have always loved watching your relationship with Charlie grow all of these years. I know you know just how special it is. (((hugs)))