Thursday, August 29, 2024

Reaction

 


Silk shreds dating back to 2010 experiments with ColorHue dyes. I don't recall the source of the silk. I can't imagine what cloth like this would be used for other than the kind of negligee that was made to be torn off. There are tiny scraps of it wandering all through my private stash.

The base is the trimmings of that handkerchief linen shift that I hand stitched together, again, because I have no white thread for the sewing machine. I sat with the shapes as they came from the bag, with no cutting or tearing. I prodded, pinned, and unpinned through a couple episodes of "Homicide: Life in the Streets".

The show was recently released on Peacock TV.  I didn't get to watch it much when it was first aired. I was still a nightbird for AT&T and was never one for slavishly needing to have a show taped for viewing at my leisure. I had kids. It won awards and a cult following for good reason. 

Balance. Up, down, crime, justice, left, right, life and death. 
The cloth is wet because I didn't want to iron away all the nooks and crannies to blend away the holes from a false stitching start. 
I'm not even sure there's going to be any visible stitching. Tomorrow may tell.


Addendum 
Around sunset a storm flickered by.

1 comment:

Joanne S said...

Looks like what happens in my yard when a storm mingles with the trees. Landscaping gal is doing an EPIC JOB.. Expensive but worth it. she is trying to encourage me to buy new shrubs--now... I think she realizes I procrastinate.