Thursday, August 01, 2024

Home from away

 



The days swung between stultifying and glorious. Giddy and melancholy. 

We ate crap and watched every damn episode of Futurama. Loitered in the library and discovered that Hardee's is the bomb. Politics and the Olympics spiced each day.

Do you remember being over summer vacation and unwilling to admit that you were looking forward to going back to school?

I have been reminded. 

The birthday party was a huge success. The house and grounds buzzed with youngsters like so many dizzy hornets.




This was the best day. We paddled around and he narrated a sci-fi screenplay on the fly. Zombies and all. 

Minute by minute I was reminded of my purpose, much more than in loco parentis. I have magic to share every moment I can spare. All else is dust.


I have a lingering case of ennui that I hope to solve tomorrow by cleaning MY neglected pool. The cats have forgiven me. 



2 comments:

Nancy said...

Deb~ Love the road pic!! It sounds like a wonderful time was had by all. What a joy to see your boy with all of his buddies! I can still imagine his infant pics when he arrived and Love Grew. Amazing.
I can understand having a case of ennui, may the pool do the trick.
J. and my son are both Futurama fans. ha.

deemallon said...

Sounds like a great week and you describe it so well! Can’t believe how tall Charlie is now. I see teenager already! Hope you’re settling back in.