Monday, March 23, 2026

Spooky story refurb




I was going to take this with me and gift it to Charlie, but a quick inspection revealed that it needed attention.

I don't know what the actual phenomenon is. Vintage damasks seem to evaporate over time. A machine applique on a velvet shawl was the first time I noticed it.

It looks like what happens to cotton undies if you bleach them every time they get washed. This is not a matter of wear and tear or laundering. In its lifetime I only washed this quilt once and that was a front load commercial machine that I set up for "delicates". Now I'm wondering if it's somehow connected to certain colors.

This is a mystery that I'm not in a hurry to solve. Nothing lasts forever. Especially beauty.

I'll be digging through the River Basket for cloth to make the repairs. 

Outdoors mayber later today. as the body and the pollen permits. It's our yellow season and I give thanks that I don't have any pollen allergies, but it's messy and I really don't want to have to wash this quilt again any time soon.








3 comments:

Nancy said...

Deb~ ooh...I like seeing the whole quilt! Beautiful. Now, is that little Charlie under it? Somehow he looks different than I recall. Mmmm?

Deb Lacativa said...

It's him. Most of the pictures I posted of him were eyes wide and smiling.

Anonymous said...

Deb~ This is such a sweet pic of him, all cozy in the quilt/bed 💕