Tuesday, March 31, 2026

A shift in time

 




This may be one of the best pictures I've taken. I was sitting in the kitchen sulking because there were no cookies. The overhead lights were off. I just stood up, pulled the sliding window open and popped off a few shots. 

This was the only one that included my neighbors new garage door. At a recent social occasion, I decided not to mention her paint choice. She is one of the delusional group who thinks that the Shitweasel is anointed by her (catholic) God. 

She was driving us home one night and a remark I made launched her into a maga diatribe that left me speechless and praying to get home alive because she was shouting and driving erratically. 

I will invite her to the block party on that great day.













Here is the body language of DANGER


We are deep in pollen season and once again I am grateful to not be among the afflicted who must turn their lives over to medication for a month. Waking up with my eyes stuck shut is not a big deal. 


We are writing again. There are enough responsible adults in the room that I can relinquish control for a few hours a day and go back to indulging in fantasy.

How are you all keeping sane? I have finished that quilt repair and don't want to start a new project. The NO KINGS banner is folded away in the trunk of my car for the next time. 
  

It was good to have a group of friends on hand. 

As this small band of maggots first arrived and passed close to us, we put our fists in the air and yelled "FIRST AMENDMENT, BABY."  Someone added "You guy isn't for that." But they were not paying any attention to us. They were seeking oxygen from the crowd but little to none was given. This is them leaving the way they came after less than an hour of strutting around. 

male, white, 50+, big bellies, ball caps and a brittle arrogance.


And last, but not least, a prescient quote from her book that Dee posted. The staggering loss of her youngest son, Danny, has rocked me. 

If a decade can be considered "arm's length" I am that far from my own losses. All of mine--kitty Karma, my Mom, my Dad, and my dear husband, Jimmy--happened within a year and a half. All of these passings were expected--long lives and fatal illnesses gave me a moment to see Death as a stop on the wheel of Life.

Danny's choice of leaving is something I can't look too closely at because I can only see his mother's pain and feel it from afar. 

3 comments:

deemallon said...

Thanks for acting as witness to Danny’s passing.

Joanne S said...

Sam goes to EVERY Kings Day event...Her signs are appreciated and photographed. Too bad she refuses to VOTE>

Nancy said...

Deb~ So good to see your No Kings pics. Go you!
Dee's own words here, coupled with yours brings tears to my eyes. We stand together in her time of loss and honoring and it most certainly rocks us all, in our own ways. xo