Friday, April 03, 2026

Outsides

 


The time has finally come to take control of The Island. Personally, I don't mind this view, but from the street it looks awful. Abandoned. I found a guy who came with a bush hog and promised me "scorched earth," and he delivered, shredding everything - privet, briars, poke, ivy and creepers --on the spot. 

Now Colin is in the process of raking up all the shreds. After a few days of drying the green stuff, we will have a small bonfire, legal here until the end of April, and a hose standing right by. I bought an herbicide to deal with any regrowth and the English Ivy will be girdled off the trees. Once we get some kind of consistent ground cover going, I'll think about planting something to screen that red door. 




2 comments:

Nancy said...

Deb~ Wow, things grow so well there!

Deb Lacativa said...

Only weeds! The red clay is wretched.