Saturday, April 18, 2026

Small bites



Before anything else, Thank You to Colin, who did all the stuff I can't anymore - set up the tent and table, hauled the hose and turned on the water. Got stuff down from the high places of storage.







The first Table mopper of the year is a fine linen bedsheet from Cuddledown. Instead of letting it hang down on all four sides of the table, I've folded it rather randomly to collect and record any spill, drips or draining. I also splashed a little magic sauce on it. No washing, I'm just going to fold it up and stow it with the rest of the equipment. Let it accumulate a whole season of color.




This happened by accident. 

I wasn't going to use all the skeins at once but they slithered out of the bag together and plopped into the sauce. 

Ready, boss. Proceed.

Oh well.

I need a pair of wooden tongs to slow me down. My gloves wee failing fast. Lesson: Kosher salt is harder on gloves than table salt.

I was regretting Pagoda & Valentine from the start. 






Even under the shade of the tent, it was hot. Lunch and hydration.







The Goddess of Light demanded a sacrifice. My favorite cotton blouse caught a splash so I took it off and refreshed its colors. That's how I discovered the madness of the wrong red. But it's okay. Amendments happen.






The setting sun rolled over the days results and I just sat back and savored it. I'll start the washout tomorrow to proceed in slow small increments. It requires standing at a sink for a good bit, that half bent posture wears on me quickly. I will also be mindful that the little dose of Dragon fruit that I gave Pagoda has a bit of Demon Fuschia in it. I will be disposing of that color asap. Tired of it's wandering. 


4 comments:

Debz said...

C.O.L.O.R. Thanks for sharing!
I'm imagining how many eyes will enjoy the color, how many hands will hold those threads, how many creative sparks will fly and how the thread will be used in projects!
Delicious!

Nancy said...

Deb~ The colors have exploded over there! Gorgeous! Take your time...that "half bent posture " is a killer for sure, contributed to my back fractures. Enjoy this time and I agree...huge thanks to Colin!

Joanne S said...

I love the cloth under them- I can see it framed...Blue and orange. the last one- just the blues in a frame (cropped a bit).......make card sets.

Deb Lacativa said...

That is one of the Cuddledown linen sheets that you sent me. It loves the dye.