
As much as green has been on my mind, this color crew has been getting into my eye at every turn.
This has been up on the wall over my head for some time now. I'm finally at a place where I want the words to come forward. Shadow work.
The kind that comes from needle and thread.
I could have started auditioning dark colors (shadows aren't all black) but, I didn't get sidetracked ....much.
Although they have recently asked people to stop sending gifts, I'm going to make a cloth and thread bundles in the colors that work for them. Repair stuff. Wait until they get back to Texas.
For the first time in memory, I pre-washed the cloth that I'll be dyeing. It's been in a plastic bag for over a year. I wan't even sure what was in that bag.
Hot water, bleach, a heavy thrashing.
One of the pieces is double cotton sheet. I'm guessing cotton because it has no label. A very unusual weight of cotton for bedding. Heavy, a gentle grain to it that I don't think will lay down to a hot iron. No. I'm not going off that deep end, but I like this cloth.
If you close your eyes and snap this sheet, you might think it was flannel.Finally a cloth with enough spine to make a robe. Now, all I need to find is a pattern.
The rest, an amazing array of natural weaves and textures. A drift of cotton lawn that I'm praying is 100% cotton, but could I get that lucky? Crinkly gauze, a few pieces of Irish double damask. Linen that might be flax.
I'll have to research the burn test for some of these. A mystery bag of cloth with almost no labels.
It's a warm slow day. The wind moving just enough to let you know it's there.








4 comments:
Just wanted to let you know that I always enjoy your posts, even if I don't comment.
Deb~ I was floating along, looking ad reading...got to your photo and right away thought: Oh, beautiful you - and then I read the caption and burst out laughing! Carry on Doctor!
After 14 years of ER and two seasons of PITT, I'm ready to hang out a shingle.
Thank you, Sherrie.
Post a Comment