When I'm winding the thread onto the glass I count off the turns to keep an honest measure. But when I see that the cone is dwindling down to the end, I keep going. Then I mark it by using a colored thread to tie it off instead of more white.
In an effort to get over myself, right myself, (there's an interesting expression) I stayed away from social media last night except to check on the weather radar.
A good bit of the finishing process happens under water so murky that you can't see what's in there. Imagine handling a lot of overcooked lasagna being careful not to break any or it get tossed in the compost heap.
Today I'm washing out a LOT of excess dye and the skeins are proving that chemistry and matter don't give a fuck about your emotions, attitude, or situation. Molecules will do what they do.
The sun came up, hot and gorgeous and I'm grateful for every moment.



2 comments:
The cloth under the thread always gets most of my attention.
I agree...that cloth is amazing!
Post a Comment