Friday, June 26, 2026

Two worlds

 




I came into a clutch of this strange and wonderful cloth. It's a rare day when I run across a fabric for the first time but, this is contemporary cloth and most of my time is spent with rags from the olden days.


It has an interesting hand. Almost a tiny waffle.

I love that expression. The hand of the cloth. That something as inanimate as a piece of cloth could communicate so much by how it feels slipping through our fingers, sight unseen.


By the way it takes the dye, it's all natural, but it acts like it has a touch of Lycra. There a nice give on the diagonal that would make it great for garments. 


I just remembered I have a magnifying app on my phone that lets me save the images. 





Does anyone know what it's name is?


As soon as Baily clears off my work space, I'll flip over the crocheted throw to the non-cat-hair side, take some pictures and post them to the new cloth page.



Content scrapers have returned, but I hardly care. In a way, they've given me a gift. 

My stat counter tells me where casual and returning readers are world wide. It's quite sobering to see searches for "that stitch" from countries that are both bombing and being bombed. Someone in a war zone looking for an embroidery tutorial.

The data miners are scattered all over the world in places I wouldn't take an all-expense paid vacation to. They are probably bots, but if not, I hope they earn enough to feed a family maybe. 

Their search strings also bring me to old posts that I haven't thought of in years. That's me the day I picked up Jumpin'Jack Flash from the dealer who was annoyed that I didn't finance with them. Pirates. 

I'm still rolling back and forth 61 niles each way to spend the middles of the week with Charlie. Suffer the doldrums of summer like I was still 12, but with a drivers licence and some spare change. I have given up getting any of my stuff done while I'm there and that's fine. 



No comments: