These two were bored and asleep in no time. My routine is tedious. I spent an hour brushing down the post-rainstorm algae and netting tree trash. I walk in circles to set up a current that gathers small stuff and crud into the center. Then I siphon that out with a garden hose. Did I mention the sand filter is as old as the pool ('98) and doesn't filter much at all. The pump keeps the water moving and the three ducks keep just enough chlorine going to keep it blue and fresh.
I could have given pool maintenance lectures to the park service in DC, but nobody asked. Do you wonder how much of that 14 million was a kickback into the Shitweasel's pocket?
This cloth, and the large one below, were left out on the deck after I used up the dregs of the dyes on them. They've been out there steeping in the heat and humidity. I'll get them washed and rinsed tomorrow.
This is two feet by the width of a full sheet - that Cuddledown linen, thanks to JS.
The mother lavender made it through the winter and is putting on a show.
What sttange cat is this who has no interest in anything string?
I started the day by picking a handful for myself. Now, for a worthy project.





2 comments:
Bird by Bird is one of my all-time favorite reads ... and damned good writing advice
It's where I go when the writing wheels get stuck in the mud. Also, Stephen King's On Writing.
Post a Comment