After a night of flood and tornado warnings, a bright, humid day is spawning. I'm home from a visit with Charlie and we had a great time.
This is that large piece of linen I hemmed and used to wipe my hands and mop spills during the last dye fest. It has a lot of interesting patches of color here and there, but there's a lot of white space still going on. I'm going to keep it considering some soy way resist and more dye in the coming weeks.
I'm tired in a way that sleep doesn't seem to remedy. My mind still prone to wars of anger and self pity.
Spending time with Charlie helps as did the celebrations for the Knicks and the opening of the Obama center yesterday. Every speech brought tears to my eyes.
It was the perfect antidote to the 14 million dollar paint job sloughing off the bottom of the refecting pool. A perfect metaphor for the rot and dissolution of the current regime. His deranged antics at the G7 has the whole world snickering at the rotting carcass that doesn't know enough to lay down.
Together, we delighted in an animated series called "Among Us" based on a video game which, in turn, ripped its entire premise off the film The Thing with a nod to another film Alien. Both of them mirroring Agatha Christie's Ten Little Indians.
There were cut-throat UNO matches and lots of wide ranging conversations that started with "Ask me anything". His questions dig deep.
The pool is calling me.
Later I will get some thread sets and cloth posted.


1 comment:
Deb~ Yes to all of this! The country is a sad, mad mess. Love bearing witness to the relationship you've grown with Charlie. SOo special.
Post a Comment