...to keep my eyes open for the beauty in the mundane, day to day stuff.
To remember that we are not alone in this fight.
Rather than scratch around the web and suffer through opinions and other non-starting crap, set aside 45 minutes to listen to every word of this particular Heather Cox Richardson's Explainer wrap up.
She sees beyond the cloud of bullshit that the Shitweasel likes to stir up daily. The crap that makes sane people sick to their stomachs.
I'm working at my own cloud of bullshit and the cards are not pampering me one bit.
I did a little reconciliation (if only in my own head) with those who might not be up to confronting or dealing with the issues our country faces. I'm not shouting FAFO to them. Some of those things will manifest to them in time.
Through lack of engagement and or education they have checked out, doubting their ability to have any affect on the outcome. Highly unlikely to vote ever again after the shame of this administration is revealed one rotten corpse at a time.
Ever since I had to give a circumspect explanation of what the Epstein files are all about and we fell down laughing counting the number of times Jimmy Fallon said "EPSTEIN" in his opening monologue, I have pulled back on having any deep political discussions with him.
He has so little untroubled childhood left, I will not rob him of a minute of it, but I will answer direct questions.
He is so smart and perceptive it's frightening.
He was proud to carry a batch of Signs of Justice postcards into the post office for me and made me promise to add his favorite message to the back, "No one is illegal on stolen lands!"
Even after I assured him that that no return address was required, he used my mittens to carry them inside and put them in the outbound hopper. "Fingerprints, you know." Imagine an eleven-year-old already wary of his own government.
The rest of this glorious Friday afternoon with a high of 78 degrees is for my friends and family about to experience yet another heavy winter snow.
The word blizzard had been tossed around some. We remember this kind of winter as being the norm when I was a kid.
Here we broke a sweat in the direct sun and the camellias are in bloom.
Sophie brought me this scrap from under my bed. I was too shocked to grab a picture of her with it in her mouth because I thought she was bleeding. It's back in the river basket waiting for a turn to speak.
Sophie brought me this scrap from under my bed. I was too shocked to grab a picture of her with it in her mouth because I thought she was bleeding. It's back in the river basket waiting for a turn to speak.
Doing my best to reduce the crush in my thread box and remember where my real happy place is - in the workings of the Heart.








6 comments:
OMG- it might be TIME for me to try my hand at one of these hearts... I ALWAYS LOVE seeing them here on your posts.... I don't even know where to begin??????any tips????????
Just listening to one 45-minute segment of Heather Cox Richardson makes it so clear how immense the grift is … and how democracy is being subjected to death by a thousand cuts. It’s hard to know where to put one’s finger in the metaphorical dike (I know, I’m mixing metaphors)
But then there’s this beautiful young man becoming and I dare to hope for this tired old world
And my granddaughter is my reason to carry on when I think it's all so hopeless. Luckily she's a toddler and immune to the news. Now to listen to Heather.
Deb~ It is always a treat to hear the Charlie Stories! Such a beautiful boy. MY mom had a camellia bush. She loved the scent and would float a bloom in a small dish of water, in the middle of the dining room table. Sweet memory.
Take an old christmas card. Draw one half of a heart, the center being the crease. Cut it out. Make a dozen more until you like the shape of the heart. Hoop your fabric and use your cardboard heart as a template. I use a #2 pencil. Stitch as it amuses you.
This one is over 12 ft and needs pruning. No scent that I can tell but lots of insects. I wouldn't want one planted close to the house. Camellias have big history in Georgia. https://exploregeorgia.org/itinerary/beyond-botanical-gardens-georgias-camellia-trail
Post a Comment