Friday, February 27, 2026

Libra (updated)

 

Yesterday was a long, gray slog complete with thunder. I cleaned out the small stitch bag with half an eye for something to work on. 

This strip of linen had just the "p" with a threaded needle dangling. I must have jumped off that train of thought, but yesterday it carried me through the meditation. I stitched the letters on directly, no sketched guides. Do you think those Es care? 

Then, I started listening to Hillary Clinton's testimony while the TV had only an image of the outside of the Performing Arts Center. in Chappaqua, NY. Incongruous. 

The audio was poor and there was no closed captioning. so I decided to read the transcript after the fact. Her opening statement had already been posted and it's a scorcher. 

Chappaqua is less than twenty miles from where I grew up in Goldens Bridge. It might has well have been Mars. Bill used to come into the tavern where my Dad was a bartender for many years. Jazz, chili and cheeseburgers. He's going to testify today.

The other side of the Libran scales wanted something. This strip of linen was also in the tote bag. In haste, I had used markers for a hachimaki worn by samurai tied across their foreheads before battle. That was just before my first No Kings rally. I was tempted to use markers right on my forehead but I couldn't figure out how to draw on my face in a mirror and keep it legible. 

I decided that it needed some stitching to keep it from being tossed. The marker looking afire under the stitches is oddly appropriate. 




In the meantime, dream time.



                                        His face in the sun. A last birthday gift to me, 2013.

4 comments:

Liz A said...

the green of spring is like no other ... and peace ... heaven help Iran

Nancy said...

Deb~ Ah that green space! And to see your man, sun worshiping, a gift indeed.

Joanne S said...

Love never dies.

Liz A said...

As I’m sitting here stitching the umpteenth peace pin, it occurs to me that never have I ever matched the “e”s