Thursday, February 05, 2026

Reaching

 I woke in the dark, 3:30 give or take, and asked Salem, "Is he dead yet?" She kicked me gently, annoyed. Then gave me a yawn complete with cat breath. So I turned away and consulted the Oracle Lectronica. 

The first image that floated into clarity was Stephen Colbert. Best medicine for the moment, right? A chuckle and snark before I fall back to sleep. Who's this geezer he's speaking with? He's vaguely familiar. 

The Elder spoke and then led the camera down a step to the stage, the house lights dimmed to his spot and he addressed the audience with a soliloquy that was the essence of magic. I watched it several times then and more over coffee this morning.


Just now, I was packing up a few more orders for bags of scraps,  bits of cloth kept jumping out at me, shouting, "Me. Me. Pick me. Keep me. Make some magic. I dare you."

We must. White magic, Dark. Whatever it takes. 





2 comments:

Mo Crow said...

Compellingly human, goes soul deep to the heart of the matter

Joanne S said...

I want to roll around in the fabric image here.....