Wednesday, November 04, 2009

distracted


                         Without heart for much else, I have been cleaning and putting other things to work. I found  some unused canvases and have started mounting smaller hand stitched pieces with acrylic medium, basically mummifying the fabric in plastic.  Once dry, the textures are still there but the hand is gone. Hand? Given that we discourage people from touching the art was                                                     hand ever a consideration for this kind of piece? This is one of the Gray Grid series now up for sale at the Hand Music store                                                                 
                                             


5 comments:

jude said...

i never tried this plastic thing i think it is interesting though.

arlee said...

Ah Deb, don't flatten your heart as well. These have a unique appeal and are gorgeous in a different way than the way they were made.
Keeping my hoofies crossed that Jinx will be at your back door any momemt now.

Cathy Bargar said...

Oh no, Deb, not your Jinx! She looks exactly like my dearest little Shiva, without whom I would be bereft beyond imagining. She's a house-only girl, but earlier this summer she got out, and for the 15 minutes or so until she was located (skulking craftily under the deck) I was incredibly upset. I will hold hopes for you and Jinx in what passes for my prayers.

Morna Crites-Moore said...

Very beautiful - I love it.

Denise Aumick said...

Hi Deb....I like these. The hand of the fabric is important only if that is part of the artist's intent - right? So...go for it and keep posting photos.