Friday, November 13, 2009

Morning Light


I love the way stitched pieces look in the morning light that comes through my studio. Unfortunately, the tree shadows prevent any good photographs and at this time of the year the light is too...steep. I'll try again later out on the deck.








This one continues to entertain me while I am at work but probably not tonight. It's Friday, the 13th. You would be surprised to know how self-fulfilling superstitions can be. Years ago I was a telephone operator and felt certain that there should have been combat pay added to our checks for getting through a full moon Friday night or Friday on any 13th.

8 comments:

Rosemary@semo.net said...

I am smitten with the one that has stork like creatures. How fun is that one!!!

Penny said...

Storks works for me too. I just love it now it has been quilted. It is unique and how should we call this sytle "deb-royd-ian" ?
Well done Deb!

Anonymous said...

That really does look especially beautiful in that light!

susan said...

so sorry about your kitty. has jinx done this before? i had a cat that would disappear for weeks, fearing the worse, finally giving in to the loss of a beloved friend and then who shows up looking impatiently at me for food and loving....cats.....

Natalya Khorover Aikens said...

these are beautiful in the morning light...

jude said...

your work is glowing lately....

Tangled Stitch said...

These pieces are beautiful and extraordinary. It was a delight to see your work.

Judy Martin said...

Absolutely loverly, Deb.