Friday, January 09, 2026

Variations

 







Halfway through this one, I was tempted to find a shredder for it somewhere. The linen proved to be more loosely woven than I like. The colors were not swarming to my liking. The threads in the stash were unappealing.
The list grew longer, and I put it away. 

Until the other day. I am back in love with the shapes and the colors, and what changed in the few months it was in the closet?

Only me. A little more patience and kindness for myself.
The plan is to mount all three together. Somehow. 

                                ~★~
I have a lot of thoughts on the murder of Renee Good. My first reaction was, "Her poor babies. Her children."
The trajectory of their lives forever changed. 

The second was that his family and friends saw him commit murder. How long will he live with that? And to what lengths will this administration go to garner sympathy and support for other agents? The fact that the FBI has taken over any investigation tells the tale. 

Be ready to bear witness, no matter where you are.
                                ~★~


Sophie, now nine months old, has matured into a loyal studio companion. The others come to play or look out the windows. She still tries to get into the stitching chair beside me, and no matter what I'm working on, she feels the need to bless it. 


1 comment:

Nancy said...

Deb~ Sophie is so regal! It's so hard to think of how these current events will and are affecting the children now and for years to come. SO much broken. Marches planned for Sat 1/10.