We weren't told what pieces to bring to this cattle call. Our choices, whatever we could carry. We only knew that the exhibit space was limited.
We were asked to lay our pieces out wherever. I chose to drape the folding chairs in the sun. I love how harsh, direct light picks out the textures.
Then the curator walked around silently, reminding me of the judges in the TV dog shows, careful to not reveal his deliberations. One by one, he carried pieces to the available spaces, making unexpected pairs and trios. Traditional and contemporary.
The first two pieces he chose were a shock because I came to close to NOT bringing them.
I packed everything yesterday and checked my list twice. Not sure if there would be help loading the car, it was a matter of what I could carry.
But Colin was home and carried the big bundle of folded pieces and rods to the car, and I found myself with one empty hand. I had just decided to NOT include two pieces that were hard-mounted to canvas. Mummified.
But, I grabbed them as I walked out of the studio. "As Yet Unbaptized" and "The Bruised Heart" were chosen first. All in all, ten of the twelve pieces I brought will be in the exhibit. The opening is tonight.
All four of these will be in the show. Yes, Turquoise seems to be my totem color.





7 comments:
How absolutely wonderful ... have a great time at the opening (I hope you wear turquoise)
You know the only presentable thing I have even close to turquoise is a shirt that is more like Caribbean blue. A pale turquoise that's kind of summery.
Works for me 😉
Deb~ Congratulations! Have a wonderful time at the opening! Yay you! 😀
wish I was there to enjoy it with you!!!
Congratulations, Deb!
Thanks everyone. I wore black.
Post a Comment