I've been at a loss for words here lately. There's plenty of thought going on, just nothing share-worthy.
This before-coffee reading on January 1 augers brightly.
Now to summon up the energy to follow through because the good shit must be earned.
My post-Christmas stay with Charlie was brief but rich.
I didn't get to witness the Monks walking for Peace as I wanted to. Timing is everything, and we were ships on a sunny afternoon. They passed close to my house while I was at Charlie's and were on their way north-east by the time I made it home.
For the most part, communities have welcomed and protected them. Local law enforcement have been gracious and low key.
But some crowds following the Monks have been disorderly and disruptive in a few wannabe cities in the Metro Atlanta vicinity. It's no wonder they are altering their path through less populated towns.
Too many assholes seem to think they are some kind of traveling entertainment. Some others (I call them Jesus Jumpers) are accusing the Monks of proselytizing. Nothing could be further from the truth.
Back in the day, when I still consorted with people who would ask, "What religion are you?" my snark retort was "I'm a Pagan-Buddhist-Jew". Enough to shut them up and not all that far from the mark.
Is this some face? Aloka is only four, but what a life he's led. I worry for him and his crew.
They are walking because there's a sickness on the land. I worry and wonder when some redneck miscreant notices this band of brown men with foreign ways making their way through the countryside and decides to collect a bounty by involving the Shitweasel's Gestapo.
My post-Christmas stay with Charlie was brief but rich.
A little sun, a little stitch. Cards, TV, Lego, and lots of conversation. The good stuff.
And today he spent much of the day here with me getting reacquainted with Sophie and Bong. Our old favorite grub shop, Sonic, has reopened as Chicken & Wok, serving up excellent Sesame chicken at a reasonable price. At least I think it's chicken.






6 comments:
Deb~ After seeing Grace's post, I've been checking in here to see if you'd gone to see the Monks Peace March. Right before I check in tonight, I see the live reports of the US Invading Venezuela...so I am just so confused. In the face of a silent cry for peace, the response from him is war? why does no one stop him? So many things done in the last year that can't be undone or will take generations. It's scary and heartbreaking. The photo of you two is frame worthy! You look happy and beautiful Deb. 💕
Love the colors running through the first four images ... saffron, aqua and coral ... and those are some serious poker hands (I always have to look up whether straight beats flush or vice versa) ... may your happy days with Charlie continue throughout the new year ... peace and love
always love seeing the two of you together!!! Smile On....
thanks. Because we don't see each other as often, time together is more precious. Joyful.
LOL. We had to look it up too! That's my flush! Yes, Peace.
Thanks
Post a Comment